Year 1 to 6
Choosing a school
The entry of children to Rhiw Syr Dafydd Primary School is controlled and administered by Caerphilly County Borough Council.
Within the County Borough, each school has an area that it traditionally serves called the “catchment area”.
In line with legislation, LA’s must allow all parents the opportunity to express a preference for the school they wish their child to attend. Pupils who reside within a defined catchment area of a school do not have an automatic right to attend that school. A written application must be made and the placements will be allocated in accordance with the LA’s admissions procedure.
Apply for a place at a school
The normal ages for admission to CCBC schools are:-
- Age 4/5 in Infant and Primary Schools
- Age 7/8 in Junior Schools
- Age 11/12 in Secondary Schools
Closing dates for school admission applications
The timetable to process applications for Primary schools for September 2018 is:
- Admission Forms available to parents 6th November 2017
- Forms to be returned to LA 15th December 2017
- Parents notified of outcome 16th April 2018
There is no closing date for the In year transfer forms.
Apply for a place at a school online (Caerphilly CBC website)