If a parent/carer or child is not happy with the way that the school is dealing with a child’s learning needs, the following action should be:

  1. Discuss the issues with the class teacher and SENCO.  (Sometimes misunderstandings can arise and it is important that parents and school work as a partnership)
  2. If a problem still exists then the Head teacher or Deputy Head teacher will meet with parent/ carer and SENCO to discuss the matter further.
  3. The Head teacher /Deputy Head teacher will always have to judge how best to use the school’s available resources for the benefit of both the individual child and the whole school community.
  4. If the problem is unresolved the parent/carer can then contact the governing body in writing.

Complaints procedure

Please download our Complaints Policy so that you understand exactly how we will handle your complaint.

Rhiw Syr Dafydd School - Complaints procedure (PDF)

Other Learning complaints

There are other statutory processes for complaints and appeals relating to the curriculum, religious worship, admissions, Special Educational Needs (SEN), exclusions, staff grievance, staff disciplinary and teacher capability. Guidance on these topics is available from www.learning.wales.gov.uk. School complaints procedures do not replace these procedures.