Good communication between parents and school is essential in developing a positive learning environment for all our pupils. With this in mind we have established a ‘Parent Panel.
This group of parents are not members of the school governing body but are interested in creating a link between the parents’ views discussed in the playground / outside school and school leaders. The ‘Parent Panel’ is made up of parents from Nursery – Year 6, 1 parent per year group, giving a total of 8 members on the panel. A chairperson and vice chairperson would be elected to run the meetings.
Each half-term, staff and parents meet together to discuss various aspects of school life. The meetings are informal and different staff may attend, depending on the items on the agenda.
The core aims of the ‘Parent Panel’ are:-
- To provide a regular opportunity for parents to meet with senior leaders and share any concerns, comments, strengths or queries.
- To create a link between the parents’ views discussed in the playground / outside school and school leaders.
- To be updated about school changes and projects
- To provide a consultation group for the school to present new ideas and changes to.
The first meeting of the Rhiw Syr Dafydd Parent Panel took place on Tuesday. It was an excellent meeting with many important issues discussed. The next meeting of the Parent Panel will take place in June. The members of the panel are:
- Mrs Jessica Howells (Nursery)
- Mrs Rachel Smith (Reception)
- Miss Hannah Juhlke (Year 1)
- Mrs Emma Edwards (Year 3)
- Miss Terri Short (Year 3)
- Mrs Ros Morgans (Year 4)
- Mrs Sara Gingell (Year 5)
The aim of the Parent Panel is to assist in developing links in terms of communication between parents and the school leadership team. It is not to replace the parent representatives on the governing body. Minutes of Parent Panel meetings will be published here.